This week I want to give a review and some practical knowledge concerning the Nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Remember the Nine Gifts are divided into three categories of three:
1. Gifts to Say (Speak or Utterance Gifts): Prophecy, Tongues and Interpretation of Tongues.
2. Gifts to Know (Reveal or Revelation Gifts): The Word of Wisdom, The Word of Knowledge and The Discerning of Spirits.
3. Gifts to Do (Power Gifts): The Gift of Faith, The Gifts of Healing and The Working of Miracles.
All the gifts are available to the children of Father God today. The gifts of the Spirit are needed today and the Holy Spirit wants to express His Gifts through each one of us but we must be in position spiritually:
1. To hear His voice 2. Faith to obey His promptings 3. Live a clean life with His help & guidance 4. Fellowship with Him so you will know His gentle voice
If you are desirous of flowing more freely in these Gifts, apply yourself to the following practical pointers:
· Ask God to help you. We have not, because many times we ask not. Remember it is the Father’s good pleasure to give us the Kingdom. We are made perfect through the blood of Jesus and if you are saved then you have the qualifications needed to be used in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Failing does not make you a failure if you get back up and repent.
· Set aside time so that God can speak to you. Remember what we do in private is manifested in public. Never expect Father God to trust you in public if He can’t trust you in private. Use your personal private prayer time to learning to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit so you can stand in confidence when He desires to use you publically.
· Confess any sin, fears, doubts or unbelief that is in your life, so you can be a much more effective instrument in His hand. A lifestyle of repentance when we see things in our life allows the Holy Spirit to use us. Remember Father God knows our shortcomings, our weaknesses, our fallings but He still loves us and desires to use us as long as we repent (feeling Godly sorrow and turning from the sin). Since He already knows about our sins, never try to hide them, confess them.
· Cultivate a strong desire for the Gifts. Read about the supernatural manifestations of the Holy Spirit in the Word of God and in biographies of people who were used supernaturally in the past days (Smith Wigglesworth, John Lake, etc..) Learn to stay around people who are used in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, attending revivals, watching them on the internet, etc.
· Expect God to use you. Being to imagine how it would feel to be used by the Holy Spirit and realize if not you then who is He going to use.
· When the opportunity allows, work alongside people who are already flowing well in the Gifts. Learn as much as you can. Watch, serve, help in any way you can. If you have opportunity, ask them questions about how the Holy Spirit speaks to them, about their prayer life, fasting life, study habits etc.
· Seek an impartation for a greater release of the Gifts. We don’t seek the gifts (ask for), we seek the Gift Giver and then He uses us supernaturally.
· Always remain teachable. No one person understands everything about the supernatural manifestations of the Holy Spirit so remain open (as long as what you are hearing is lined up with God’s Word) to learn more. Everyone has something to offer so be willing to listen to others.
· Stay under God given spiritual authority because Father God sets up order because it is His Church. So work within the guide-lines/frame-work set by the leadership of your local church.
· Stay humble, know it’s the power of the Holy Spirit working through you and in you and never sell the gift He has given you. The gifts of the Spirit are not for sale!
Prayer Points: Father God in Jesus Name, I realize now I need to be used supernaturally in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit so I open myself up to the Holy Spirit completely. Use me daily in Jesus Name!